Friday 5 October 2012

Munich - No Train!!

Well, comment for Munich - very business like.  We had a very relaxed breakfast this morning, as our departure time is 9.45am.  We had an easy stroll to central station, and we checked the timetable but it was only listing a Prague train for 9.01am so we found a rare seat & relaxed.  We will go and check for our platform at 9.15am.  Well, off Thommo went and came back at 9.25 saying that our train was not listed!  I had better go and ASK and find out!?  I was worried at this point, as the stations are huge and it takes a good 10mins to get to a platform.  I found the Information desk, 3 windows all full and a queue - 9.35am.  Everyone had long queries - 9.40 - I made it to the window, showed our ticket and asked 'which platform please?'  Not platform, coach outside - large white one.  Thanks - 9.43 and I was running and waving to Thommo who was putting on his jacket, and  we grabbed our luggage headed for the exit.  Panic, I dragged my luggage in the lift and Thommo scrambled down the stairs as we watched a large white coach drive away!!  I did my usual panic mode and froze, and Thommo strode off towards the road - and then turned to tell me to get over? 

Our Prague coach was still loading - oh phew and we just added to the queue when another young fellow came along.  We looked at him and he said 'I'm south Victorian, and I organise these sort of things back home!"  So many Aussies, and we are the ones who actually talk! 

THAT really was a  close call - lesson - check platform first!!

The coach was very good for views, but we still had no luck for photos.  Would not like to travel on a coach, it really is claustrophobic.  The countryside again is delightful, and we are really enjoying the Autumn colours - they are lovely.

We arrived out side Prague Central at 2.45pm.  Busy place, and we gathered our luggage on the footpath, and Thommo checked out his trusty Garmon.  Off he walked to get the right direction, and then he pointed over to the general direction we had to go?!  All I could see was fly overs full of traffic!  It was a tortuous walk, along narrow cobbled streets, which are filthy, I haven't seen so much litter and cigarette stubs!  We walked and walked, it's only a klm Valerie, but it was hard.  Thommo did a couple of advance reckies, as the flyovers got in the way.  At last as we were looking for a crossing I read Hotel Opera just across the road
Thank goodness!  I was  exhausted, but our hotel is gorgeous - Thommo has chosen well again.  Arrived at hotel 4.15pm.

FRIDAY in  Prague.  We had a slow start but I needed it.  We did 1.1/2 bus tours through this ancient, crazy city.  Original 8 century buildings destroyed by Pragues worst fires have all been replaced with Gothic, Rennaisance and Boroque architecture!  The roman streets are everywhere, and make the bus ride a real bone (& back) shaker.  You have buildings to admire today, as we stayed on the buses.  Tomorrow we are going to check out a couple of the squares in different town quarters, and possibly a river cruise.  So folks we are going down for tea, talk again tomorrow.  xoxoxo




1 comment: